Monday, March 19, 2012

Held high

I used to be a cheerleader.  Not a very good one...but that is not the point of this blog.  I talked to someone recently who said my mother and I were the unsinkable Molly Browns (Titanic reference).  I thought this was awesome.  My mother and I have been through a lot the last few years.  In the middle of the night that this dear lady told me that, I woke up and was deep in thought. We have been unsinkable but not because of our own strength.  We have made it through so far because of relying on Christ.  I was trying to figure out the right analogy for how God has sustained me through all this.  It made me think of cheerleading. I pictured a Arabesque cheerleading stunt.  I first thought that God was my "spotter", but then I realized that that word wasn't exactly right.  A spotter is there to catch you in case you fall.  Sometimes we DO fall, and God is there for us when we do.  But then I decided that God is my "base".  He is the one that holds me high and sustains me.  I have to admit I am a little wobbly up there...not because my Base isn't secure, but because sometimes I start looking around and forget to stay focused.  My Base is more like a rock...unwavering, unchanging, and always 100% strong and reliable.  I am so grateful for a God that I can truly trust.  My world was rocked back in 2010.  Sometimes that happens.  On Big Brother they always says Expect the Unexpected.  Well shoot...2010 was unexpected.  But my God shall supply all my needs...home, food, $ and some day love.

No comments: